The long list was announced this Tuesday. Did you notice #4???
- Julian Barnes The Sense of an Ending
- Sebastian Barry On Canaan’s Side
- Carol Birch Jamrach’s Menagerie
- Patrick deWitt THE SISTERS BROTHERS
- Esi Edugyan Half Blood Blues
- Yvvette Edwards A Cupboard Full of Coats
- Alan Hollinghurst The Stranger’s Child
- Stephen Kelman Pigeon English
- Patrick McGuinness The Last Hundred Days
- A.D. Miller Snowdrops
- Alison Pick Far to Go
- Jane Rogers The Testament of Jessie Lamb
- D.J. Taylor Derby Day
I’ve been interested in Pigeon English by Stephen Kelman since seeing it in the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt catalogue. And I always love Julian Barnes. But, no surprise, my vote goes to The Sisters Brothers.
Anyone else have a longlist favorite?